Practical Cleaning Tips Reduce Stress with Green Edge
by Deborah Chene on 01/12/11
Clean is always ranked in the top Home Staging Tips. Here are some practical tips to make it easier to be Q-Tip clean and better for our planet.
- Club Soda: Cleans windows, steel appliances, chrome fixtures, glass stove tops, smudges on walls, spots on light leather upholstery & fabric stains, cleans rust.
- Vodka: If club soda doesn't work, try vodka especially for pen marks. Cleans glass, spray on shower walls, curtains and tubs kills mold and mildew (let stand for 10 minutes to ease scrubbing.) Remove price stickers and spray clothing and furniture to eliminate smoke odors. Good for more than happy hours.
- Vinegar: Great for windows and leave in bowls to absorb odors. Don't have the vinegar out for showings. You don't want the house to smell of vinegar for prospects.
- Toothpaste: Remove stubborn marks from hard surfaces.
- Borax: The 20 Mule Team is great for kitchen sounters, your fridge, pots & pans, bathroom sinks, & tubs. Use with eco friendly detergents for a stain removal boost.
- Paste of baking soda and water: Great to clean grout on floors, removes rust stains, pots and pans.
- Microfiber towels: You can packs of them at Costco and Sams. Clean shiny surfaces, glass, removes finger prints and reduce paper towel use.
Always do a spot test in non-visible areas if possible when using on carpets and fabrics.
Visit www.ehow.com for practical tips on how to use some of these products.